Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka

You can hate me all you want, I did not like this book. I know, I know, it's a classic. Anyone who loves and studies literature likes this book. I did not like this book. And no, it's not because I took the possibility of waking up one morning as a large bug literal, I know, it's meant to be read metaphorically by literary critics. First off, the book was meant to be read literally by Franz Kafka, it was written as a comedic piece. Accidentally, it took on this huge form of metaphysical meaning and symbolic representation.

I don't think I'm spoiling anything in this book by stating the metaphor and symbolism in this book is: we're all bugs working and working and working until the day we die. Ta Da!

The writing is more like a play/skit for SNL. It's just horrible and for some weird reason, draining to sit down and read through this book. I can't explain it. It's similar to someone draining the water from your eyes and then has you focus on something to watch the desert grow atop my iris.

I would not recommend this book for you to read. Unless, everything I just said sounds enticing to you. Then by all means, you read it. I have and I'm done.

Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka gets 2 stars. Just for the accidental symbolism and life lesson. Don't be a bug in your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment